There are two ways to create GoLinks. You can either use our one click browser extension to create a GoLink from any website by just clicking on the browser icon for the extension, or click on "Create Golink" on the top right of the GoLink Dashboard.
You can edit any GoLink by clicking on the three gray dots, for the GoLink, on the GoLink dashboard. By clicking on that icon, it will bring up the editing options for the GoLink.
Using GoLinks is absolutely free! Never have to pay for GoLinks ever unless you want Enterprise related features.
We currently support Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Brave with browser extensions. If you're not using one of those browsers, you'll have to add a Search Domain to your system.
Don't worry, we'll show you how to add one by clicking here.
Make sure that you have invited @GoLinks to the channel where you want the links resolved. If that still doesn't work, try reinstalling the slack app by clicking here.
Our GoLink system has four integration options for you to choose from:
It's not required for GoLinks but it's recommended if your company has not set up a DNS entry or search domains for golinks.io
The extension allows you to access GoLinks within your company network, and without! Making GoLinks always available from your browser. It also allows for easy, one click creation of GoLinks.
Add a CNAME entry for go and point it to the following IP address: 22.214.171.124
Doing this will allow all GoLinks to resolve without the use of the GoLinks extension. It will also allow all GoLinks to resolve for all users within your company.
golinks.ioand it will do the trick 👍
Click on the operating system you are using and we'll walk you step by step. Don't worry, it will be easy 😃
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Network.
- In the list at the left, select the network connection service you want to use (such as Wi-Fi or Ethernet), then click Advanced.
- In the top menu of the window, click on DNS.
- Click DNS, then click the Add button at the bottom of the Search Domain list, then enter the search domain for:
- Click OK and you're done 👏
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center, then click Change Adapter Settings on the left side.
- Right-click your network connection service (normally "Local Area Connection" or "Wireless Network Connection") and select Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click the Properties button.
- On the General tab, click the Advanced… button.
- In the Append these DNS suffixes (in order) list, click Add, then enter the search domain:
- You're done 🙌
- In NetworkManager, edit your network connection service and click the IPv4 Settings tab.
- In the Search domains field, enter the search domain:
- Click Save and you're done 👍
Follow the four easy steps below to modify your hosts file
- Open up your terminal
- Edit your host file
- Copy and paste the following line
- Save your file and you're done 🙌